Consequences of 2 salaried income

seb
Regular

Consequences of 2 salaried income

Post by seb »

Hello

My girlfriend is starting a new job. But I am also paying her as a baito from my own company. I was paying near the maximum below taxable income of ¥85,000/month.

We want to keep paying her the baito job while she receives salary + benefits from her haken job.

Can she pay pension + health insurance based on her salaried income alone?

Our understanding is she does that, and only declares her baito income in the kakutei shinkoku, and pays the income tax on that in April.

This question is more from the business owner point of view, and I will ask my accountant about it, but do I (my company) have to start withholding tax on her baito salary from next month?
beanhead
Sensei

Re: Consequences of 2 salaried income

Post by beanhead »

seb wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 am
This question is more from the business owner point of view, and I will ask my accountant about it, but do I (my company) have to start withholding tax on her baito salary from next month?
My understanding is that you should be doing this already. You should be taking out a few thousand yen each month, which she then gets back at nenmatsu chosei time when she proves that she is under the threshold. That is how my company accountants deal with it, anyway.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.