Dumb question on Furusato-nouzei

This is a safe space to ask any questions, no matter how basic.
stump117

Dumb question on Furusato-nouzei

Post by stump117 »

Hi there!

Tried buying stuff on Furusato Nozei for the the first time. Placed all orders last week on the 31st.

One of the payment for an order I made on Rakuten bounced back. Apparently I reached a debit card limit last month. Rakuten is asking me to confirm or provide another card number.

If I do this, will it still work towards my Y2020 tax return? Just worried that for some reason I get invoiced for today's date and end up spending 5x the value of the good.

Thanks!
adamu
Sage

Re: Dumb question on Furusato-nouzei

Post by adamu »

I've only used the one stop system myself, but for tax returns I believe it depends on the date on the 寄附金受領証明書 certificate, which I doubt you'll have if you've not paid yet.

Since you'll be paying this year, it will count as a 2021 donation and you'll have to claim it on next year's tax return.

This could be the case for your other orders too, as the date could end up being the clearing date, which can be days after the order date.
stump117

Re: Dumb question on Furusato-nouzei

Post by stump117 »

Sharing an update in case someone ends in a similar situation: it depends store by store.
After checking each store:
I had the same issue with 3 stores, one of them would send a 2021 certificate, the 2 others will send a 2020 certificate.
Two other stores I ordered with no payment issues also confirmed they will send a 2020 certificate.