Personal tax accountant recommendations?

sandwich
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Personal tax accountant recommendations?

Post by sandwich »

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a tax accountant in Tokyo, for personal tax? Looking for someone with reasonable English who I can discuss my situation with, to make sure my wife and I aren't paying more tax than we need to, and to discuss potential ways of reducing ttax in future (going freelance, ふるさと納税 etc)

My office is in Akasaka, but anywhere between there and Futako-Tamagawa would be convenient enough.

Thanks.
teaandhobnobs

Re: Personal tax accountant recommendations?

Post by teaandhobnobs »

I can recommend Sadayasu Ito of Sadywell Tax and Accounting. He speaks good English, and has given me various good advice in relation to tax over the years. His information is below.

Sadayasu Ito, Japanese Tax Accountant (伊藤禎康 税理士)
Sadywell Japan Tax & Accounting (サディウェルジャパン税理士事務所)
Radius R Bldg. 3F, 2-16-14 Takaban, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-0004
Mobile: 090-7562-9125 FAX: 03-5539-4005
E-mail: sadayasu.ito(at)sadywell.com

Hope that helps!
Jon
Last edited by teaandhobnobs on Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AinT
Regular

Post by AinT »

Jon, you may want to obfuscate that data to avoid him getting spammed.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dear Jon,

thank you for your recommendation.
I contacted him and he was very friendly, but said can’t take any new clients at the moment because of workload.

Can anyone can recommend another tax accountant? I am in the Meguro area

Thanks

Alex
acepdx6078

Post by acepdx6078 »

Hi Retire Japan,

I have moved from Oregon to Tokyo in October.
If anyone can advice on whom to contact for filing tax for US that will be great! I have been using H&R Block, but they will charge something like $250 the last time I have contacted them. Please advise. I am a newbie living in Tokyo, but I do have dual citizenship of Japan and US. I will appreciate your feedback here.

Thank you so much!

Acepdx6078
TokyoWart
Veteran

Post by TokyoWart »

If anyone can advice on whom to contact for filing tax for US that will be great! I have been using H&R Block, but they will charge something like $250 the last time I have contacted them. Please advise. I am a newbie living in Tokyo, but I do have dual citizenship of Japan and US. I will appreciate your feedback here.
Only paying $250 for an expat US tax return is quite good. When I've used an accountant, the cost has been between $500-$1500 (and I was quoted fees of about twice that from big name accounting firms). After using an accountant and looking at how they prepared a prior year return I have sometimes been able to use online platforms (TaxAct) to prepare my own return for a total cost of around $100 but recently I've had more complications with my US taxes and now use an Enrolled Agent I know personally because he has needed to discuss some of the Japan tax figures directly with the IRS. He isn't taking new clients but when I was screening expat tax return firms I was impressed with Tax Samaritan:

https://www.taxsamaritan.com/
Fraussie

Post by Fraussie »

Hi guys

I'm also looking for a good tax adviser an would be much grateful if anyone would be kind enough to share some recommendations (PM is ok).

I need someone to help me and my wife do some tax planning ie. look at our situation, existing investments etc. and let us know if there is room for improvement in our Japa tax exposure. I'm looking for an English speaker so that reduces the pool quite considerably once you exclude financial advisors who try to push offshore life insurance plans and tax accountants who excel at tax returns and answering very specific questions without providing any recommendations.