First year doing iDeCo. What to prepare.

JimNasium
Veteran

First year doing iDeCo. What to prepare.

Post by JimNasium »

Thanks to the wonderful help of this forum I’ve been able to get my iDeCo and Tsumitate NISA started. Everything went fairly smoothly, but I’m not sure about what the steps are to do my taxes now. I chose not to have my iDeCo automatically taken out of my pay, so I need to do my taxes this year for myself, right? Previously my companies did all of my taxes for me so I didn’t have to do anything. Do I get my company to give me a document stating my taxes/salary and do it all myself? Or do I make an adjustment after everything has been filed?

Thanks so much!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: First year doing iDeCo. What to prepare.

Post by RetireJapan »

You'll get an iDeCo statement from your provider that you can submit to your company for the nenmatsu chosei. They should then be able to handle it for you as usual :)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:22 am You'll get an iDeCo statement from your provider that you can submit to your company for the nenmatsu chosei. They should then be able to handle it for you as usual :)
Great! Thank you.
JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

adamu wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:09 am Instructions are here: https://retirewiki.jp/wiki/IDeCo#End_of ... Adjustment
Ah-ha, of course! Should have known to go there first.