Automatic Investments to Rakuten Sec with Rakuten Credit Card Points

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
MajesticSoup
Regular

Automatic Investments to Rakuten Sec with Rakuten Credit Card Points

Post by MajesticSoup »

I'm so sorry, I know this has been mentioned several times throughout the boards. It's been a few months and I can't seem to figure out whether I've set this up right or not.

As far as I am aware, if you set up an automatic investment of 50,000 yen, you will automatically get 500 yen worth of points. (As per this thread. )

I may have totally misinterpreted this and have been investing 49500 and then investing 500 of the points I already own (or.. is this even true? I am second guessing myself and don't know how to confirm).

How do I check if I am doing this right?
zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: Automatic Investments to Rakuten Sec with Rakuten Credit Card Points

Post by zeroshiki »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:39 am I'm so sorry, I know this has been mentioned several times throughout the boards. It's been a few months and I can't seem to figure out whether I've set this up right or not.

As far as I am aware, if you set up an automatic investment of 50,000 yen, you will automatically get 500 yen worth of points. (As per this thread. )

I may have totally misinterpreted this and have been investing 49500 and then investing 500 of the points I already own (or.. is this even true? I am second guessing myself and don't know how to confirm).

If you go to your tsumitate settings (積立設定), it should have a table with your fund(s) and say if the fund you're buying is being paid for using Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Its under the heading 引落方法.
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

zeroshiki wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:04 am
MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:39 am I'm so sorry, I know this has been mentioned several times throughout the boards. It's been a few months and I can't seem to figure out whether I've set this up right or not.

If you go to your tsumitate settings (積立設定), it should have a table with your fund(s) and say if the fund you're buying is being paid for using Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Its under the heading 引落方法.
Thanks a lot! I see that it is indeed being paid by my rakuten credit card for the amount I am able to contribute (50,000). On the points part of the table, it also says ポイント利用設定状況 : 利用する
毎月の利用上限: 500ポイント(円)

I'm still not super clear on this--is this saying that I am paying 500 yen worth of my own points to it?
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 am
zeroshiki wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:04 am

Thanks a lot! I see that it is indeed being paid by my rakuten credit card for the amount I am able to contribute (50,000). On the points part of the table, it also says ポイント利用設定状況 : 利用する
毎月の利用上限: 500ポイント(円)

I'm still not super clear on this--is this saying that I am paying 500 yen worth of my own points to it?
Yeah, its saying you're using 500 of your points to purchase the fund. It depends if you're ok with that (personally, its a waste of your point earning for the CC). You're actually earning 495 points on your 50,000 purchase because of it.
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

Ah I see. I think this is coming together a little bit now. So the 1% worth of points (up to a possible investment of 50,000 from my cc) is automatically added to my rakuten account? (And thus its very slightly more advantageous to not use points for the investment)
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:23 am Ah I see. I think this is coming together a little bit now. So the 1% worth of points (up to a possible investment of 50,000 from my cc) is automatically added to my rakuten account? (And thus its very slightly more advantageous to not use points for the investment)
Yes, you can see it on http://point.rakuten.co.jp/ but there's a lag so it won't be there instantly. I think it actually shows up the next month.

In case you plan on changing it though, note that keeping the point payment is one of the requirements to get SPU on Rakuten Securities so you should just reduce it to 1 point. What this means is that any tsumitate purchase you make on Rakuten Securities, will automatically use the points to a max of 1.
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

Appreciate the link. I checked and it seems I am getting no where near 495 yen worth of points. I can confirm that I've started the monthly 50,000 yen investments from 2021/07/08.

One thing I did notice is that the times I'm getting very little are times where the category of points is 楽天証券でポイント獲得.

However, there was exactly one time where I got the 495 yen that you calculated-- it's categorized as 【楽天カード】投信積立「楽天カード」クレジット決済利用者100万人達成記念!「楽天ポイント」2倍キャンペーン(2021/6/13-2021/7/12)
with a point acquiry date of [2021/08/23]

My investment dates are:
July 14 - ¥49585
August 14 - ¥49500 (I feel like I should have gotten points for this already?)
Sept 14 - ¥49500 (this should be deducted by the end of October, so it makes sense that I wouldn't get points for this yet?)

There's a lot of little bits of points coming in through Rakuten証券 as well, but I don't actually know why.
TBS

Post by TBS »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:01 am Appreciate the link. I checked and it seems I am getting no where near 495 yen worth of points. I can confirm that I've started the monthly 50,000 yen investments from 2021/07/08.

One thing I did notice is that the times I'm getting very little are times where the category of points is 楽天証券でポイント獲得.

However, there was exactly one time where I got the 495 yen that you calculated-- it's categorized as 【楽天カード】投信積立「楽天カード」クレジット決済利用者100万人達成記念!「楽天ポイント」2倍キャンペーン(2021/6/13-2021/7/12)

My investment dates are:
July 14 - ¥49585
Sept 14 - ¥49500 (this should be deducted by the end of October, so it makes sense that I wouldn't get points for this yet?)

There's a lot of little bits of points coming in through Rakuten証券 as well, but I don't actually know why.
The 495 points will be coming as part of the Rakuten Card points awarded at the middle of the month. The other Rakuten証券 points you are seeing will be due to your transactions, holdings or +1 for purchases on Rakuten Ichiba, I guess.
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:01 am Appreciate the link. I checked and it seems I am getting no where near 495 yen worth of points. I can confirm that I've started the monthly 50,000 yen investments from 2021/07/08.

My investment dates are:
July 14 - ¥49585

I think you are misunderstanding where the points are coming from.

The points are being awarded by Rakuten Card not Rakuten Securities. You need to wait until the current month's bill has been processed/paid.

Here is an image, you will receive an email like this. (Assuming you have notifications turned on).

*Note: 49,999 not 50,000. I spend 1 point monthly to activate SPU".
Screenshot 2021-10-04 195726.jpg
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

Ah I see. Yeah that's totally a misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for the advice to change it to 1 point to get SPU