Rakuten Investing App

vapid
Regular

Rakuten Investing App

Post by vapid »

I am curious if anyone uses the Rakuten iSpeed app to do investment, forex tradin, etc. Or if there is a general consensus that it is not worth using when compared to tools like Schwab client accounts.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Rakuten Investing App

Post by RetireJapan »

I took a look when I opened my account, but wasn't hooked. But I only buy things a couple of things a year, so the online site is fine for my needs :)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
N00bster
Veteran

Post by N00bster »

I don't think that these apps are meaningful for people other than day traders.

Also these apps are typically poorly programmed and provide a new attack surface for hackers who put their hands on your phone. I would refrain from using them unless you actually day trade.

Interestingly I have never found a web interface for Interactive Brokers (or it was so slow I gave up on the way). They provide a desktop app for all operating systems though, so I used that. To my surprise, SSL was a connection option. Definitely not reassuring...
vapid
Regular

Post by vapid »

Thanks for the feedback.

Day trading was my first impression as well, and the fees didn't seem that great when I first checked it out a year or so ago. Still, I am willing to gamble a bit with the app. Are there any guides or explanation material that can help one better understand how to use it?