iFreeNEXT FANG+ Index

deezy

iFreeNEXT FANG+ Index

Post by deezy »

I'd be interested to know people's opinons on this fund on Rakuten. The management fee is relatively high at 0.7755 but it seems to be really taking off due to the AI frenzy. I was thinking of doing a lump sum investment in it,(1,000,000 or so) or do people think we're in another tech bubble?
Anybody holding this or thinking of buying it?
beanhead
Sage

Re: iFreeNEXT FANG+ Index

Post by beanhead »

It would have been great to invest in this 3 or 4 years ago...
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

deezy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 am I'd be interested to know people's opinons on this fund on Rakuten.
It's a concentrated bet on those ten companies. If they continue to outperform you'll make more money than you would with an index fund, if not you may make less.

You could just buy the individual shares yourself and save the management fee :D
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

Watching WBS right now I see that it’s the fourth most popular fund in NISA.

I’d rather go for something a bit more diversified myself - the fifth most popular is some NASDAQ 100 fund. 100 stocks is pretty narrow, but an order of magnitude broader than this one which has only 11 stocks in it. I keep hearing about Snowflake (I see it’s included) but can never commit to memory what it does, for some reason…

If I were to buy some narrower fund (especially with a heftier fee) then I want to have a clear idea about when I would exit it. With a broader diversified index I don’t really need to think about when to sell it, and I like that.