Help about SBI証券 for SMBC points

tofusoba14
Regular

Help about SBI証券 for SMBC points

Post by tofusoba14 »

Hello,

Let me begin with thanking everyone to keep this forum very active and helpful.
I am planning to open a SBI securities account. My aim is to buy Investment Trusts (eMaxis or SBI ones) monthly basis up to 50,000 JPY.
Now I know with SMBC NL card ( green card) I can get 0.5% points and there is no yearly fee for this card.

Here are my questons :

1. When I tried sign up form for SMBC NL card, my surname characters do not fit ? (basically exceed limit). So does SBI do a name check while linking card to buy investment trusts to get points ?

2. If above question is yes, can someone point me to forum or provide solution to what to do in this case ?

3. If there is any other credit card that also provides 0.5% point back on SBI securities, please let me know. So I will use that rather than SMBC NL card which seems to have name issue that i have ?

4. Also is there any more process ? I mean once I have the SMBC NL credit card, I just link it on SBI securities and I start earning points right ? Am I missing any process ?

Thanks in advance
Tkydon
Sage

Re: Help about SBI証券 for SMBC points

Post by Tkydon »

1. You probably need to go to a branch to do the paperwork for the SMBC NL Card in person. (but I haven't done this myself).

When linking to the Card, it should ask you for the name on the card. (but I haven't done this myself).

4. You probably want to do this in a NISA Account - Tsumitate, rather than in a regular SBI Account, so you should gt th paperwork from SBI to open a NISA account.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.