Need help with Rakuten証券

Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Need help with Rakuten証券

Post by Roger Van Zant »

I just tried to buy ten shares of Tokyo Electron through my Rakuten証券 account. It’s 特定, as I have already maxed out my 2024 NISA成長 ¥2.4m through my SBI account.
The share price is ¥28,630, so ten shares is ¥286,300.
But Rakuten shows it will take ¥337,040 for this transaction. So a difference of ¥50,740. Is this normal?
It seems high to me, but this is my first time buying individual shares as opposed to a mutual fund.
Is this ¥50,740 just Rakuten’s fee, so ¥5074 per share?
https://ibb.co/DR0j1nw

Thanks.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Need help with Rakuten証券

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:19 pm I just tried to buy ten shares of Tokyo Electron through my Rakuten証券 account. It’s 特定, as I have already maxed out my 2024 NISA成長 ¥2.4m through my SBI account.
The share price is ¥28,630, so ten shares is ¥286,300.
But Rakuten shows it will take ¥337,040 for this transaction. So a difference of ¥50,740. Is this normal?
It seems high to me, but this is my first time buying individual shares as opposed to a mutual fund.
Is this ¥50,740 just Rakuten’s fee, so ¥5074 per share?
https://ibb.co/DR0j1nw

Thanks.
It is not a fee. This happens because you are using a market order. This is the price range. Use limit orders to avoid this.

https://info.monex.co.jp/help/stock/jap ... order.html

Also, did you check the PBR/PER? Seems expensive.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

Thanks.
I have no idea what this means though. I will investigate tomorrow.

Regarding the shares, most if not all major players in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment sector are going to see strong growth in the next few years; hence me purchasing now.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:13 pm Thanks.
I have no idea what this means though. I will investigate tomorrow.

Regarding the shares, most if not all major players in the semiconductor manufacturing equipment sector are going to see strong growth in the next few years; hence me purchasing now.
You asked the exchange to buy at the best available price *market order* instead of setting a maximum price you would pay *limit order*

With a market order, if the price jumps up, Rakuten needs the cash in your account to make the purchase. So they set a 9% margin, if this happens. Most of that "extra" money will stay in your Sec. account after the purchase is made.

Why 9%? Who knows, they have a formula I am sure.