RAKUTEN - Name discrepancy between Rakuten Shoken & Rakuten Card

Hiroshi

RAKUTEN - Name discrepancy between Rakuten Shoken & Rakuten Card

Post by Hiroshi »

Hello,
Trying to set-up my new NISA tsumitate payments by RAKUTEN VISA Card, I encountered the dreadful "The name of the card and the name of the Rakuten Shoken account do not match" error.
I used my full name (family name + 3 given names) as written on MyNumber card when creating both accounts, but it seems that the RAKUTEN Card account only considered the name as embossed on the VISA card, which is family name + the 1st given name only.

Anybody been through this and managed to solve it ?

- Would rather not take the risk of modifying the name of the Rakuten Shoken account
- Couldn't find a menu to modify the name of the Rakuten Card account
- Of course nothing on FAQ or "help" section

HELP !!
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: RAKUTEN - Name discrepancy between Rakuten Shoken & Rakuten Card

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Hiroshi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:36 am Hello,
Trying to set-up my new NISA tsumitate payments by RAKUTEN VISA Card, I encountered the dreadful "The name of the card and the name of the Rakuten Shoken account do not match" error.
I used my full name (family name + 3 given names) as written on MyNumber card when creating both accounts, but it seems that the RAKUTEN Card account only considered the name as embossed on the VISA card, which is family name + the 1st given name only.

- Would rather not take the risk of modifying the name of the Rakuten Shoken account

HELP !!
There are lots of threads about this topic on the forum.

In my case, I phoned Rakuten card and they worked it out with shoken.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Rakuten Card uses the name on your e-navi account. The CC name doesn't matter.

The issue is Card accepts multiple spaces but Securities does not. The best way was to create your Card account with no spaces between your name (LASTNAME<space>FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME1MIDDLENAME2) but since that's not possible anymore the easiest way to do this is to phone Securities and have them fix it on their backend.
Hiroshi

Post by Hiroshi »

Thanks for the advice.
I've heard horror stories about Rakuten phone support, seems I'll have to try it by myself !
ToushiTime
Veteran

Post by ToushiTime »

Hiroshi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:36 am Hello,

HELP !!
I had the same problem as I went over the limits. I had to apply by post to Rakuten Card and Rakuten Securities. After that, I kept phoning Rakuten Securities and they eventually fixed it by making adjustments on their end.