Rakuten trading account / 楽天証券 is locked

workbalance

Rakuten trading account / 楽天証券 is locked

Post by workbalance »

I got this message telling me my account is locked. 口座がロックされてしまいました.

I can't work out the reason why it is locked from the website. Do I have to call them or has anyone found another way to unlock their account?

Many thanks
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Rakuten trading account / 楽天証券 is locked

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Did you ignore the messages about updating your zairyu card? The deadline has passed. You may need to contact them directly.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Yep, the deadline was Dec 12 I believe. Their threat to freeze the account was specific enough to get me to upload my card -first time for me, I've ignored all previous requests from other banks and brokers 😅

They'll probably unlock it once you provide your card.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
workbalance

Post by workbalance »

Thanks. I've uploaded my zairyu card info, so hopefully I will be back on line in a few days.
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

Interesting, I haven't uploaded my zairyu card* either but it didn't get locked**, I just can't do any new transactions. I'd be mildly annoyed if the setup tsumitate doesn't end up working but otherwise logging in and stuff still work (except for ideco status but it's still viewable directly on jis-t website).

the exact wordings I got is as follow:
■12/11(月)までに登録の確認ができない場合は、新規お取引の制限をかけさせていただきますので、お早めにお手続きください。
* mine's expiring soon and I'm holding out renewing it because I'm waiting for PR application result (almost 10 months now) and their system requires the card to be valid for at least several months which mine isn't anymore.

** or at least it didn't last time I checked last saturday; the system is currently on maintenance as I'm writing this.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

nanaya wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:42 pmtheir system requires the card to be valid for at least several months
This is not the case I believe (edit: wrongly. See post below), it just has to be valid.
nanaya wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:42 pm I'm holding out renewing it because I'm waiting for PR application result (almost 10 months now)
You can still renew your period of stay with an active PR application, up to two months before expiry, earlier in exceptional situations.
Last edited by adamu on Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

adamu wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 am This is not the case I believe, it just has to be valid.
well, I tried it few weeks ago already (and with their support assisting me on call as I was also trying to match my name with rakuten card) ;)

adamu wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 am You can still renew your period of stay with an active PR application, up to two months before expiry, earlier in exceptional situations.
yes but it involves a bit more than just filling in a form and submitting it.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

nanaya wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:37 am
adamu wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 am This is not the case I believe, it just has to be valid.
well, I tried it few weeks ago already (and with their support assisting me on call as I was also trying to match my name with rakuten card) ;)

Oh wow, that's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. Sorry for the misguided assumption. Considering you normally can't renew a residence card until two months before expiry, that is a pretty incompetent policy.