NISA Rakuten Application

jbdt

NISA Rakuten Application

Post by jbdt »

Dear all,

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I've been trying to unloaded my NISA application id. using Rakuten and I keep getting error messages or requests to take the photo again and again and again. Rather annoying and I was wondering if anyone has had the same issues and whether it was possible to request a paper application. I had a look over the Rakuten homepage and couldn't really see anything.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

JBDT
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: NISA Rakuten Application

Post by RetireJapan »

Could this be a foreign name problem? You may need to request a paper form.

Anyone else opened an account with Rakuten recently?
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
jbdt

Post by jbdt »

Thank you for your reply. I actually first tried opening an account with SBI but the application software just wouldn't accept my name so I thought I'd try Rakuten. Very frustrating!

JBDT
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

RetireJapan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:32 am Could this be a foreign name problem? You may need to request a paper form.

Anyone else opened an account with Rakuten recently?
I needed to use the paper form.

My Japanese wife applied in a flash online, however. :lol:
carla.alinei

Post by carla.alinei »

i just got confirmation for mine a couple of days ago. i had same issues as your and i solved doing the scan of my number instead of the gaikokujin card. don`t know why but that was not recognized. give it a try
P.S. i applied for the tsumitate NISA
Hiroshi

Post by Hiroshi »

Hi,
I had exactly the same issue a few days ago.
1. Your name must be ** exactly ** the same as what is written on the ID you submitted.
2. if it's longer than 8 characters (DBCS), then you have to input manually, at the bottom of the form, the "short name" which is used for mailings.
It took me a few trys, but I finally got it. Now waiting for the post card ... but my family name couldn't fit in the "short name" field, not sure if I'll get anything.
Good luck !
carla.alinei

Post by carla.alinei »

it ended up i had to modify my katakana name to match the one (that is written wrong....facepalm) of my rakuten credit card. one week passed and waiting for them to update it...
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

When applying for the rakuten NISA (specifically the Tsumitate), the site says “those who have a rakuten securities account” and “those who don’t have rakuten securities account”, what does that mean? What’s a securities account? I applied a few weeks ago for the rakuten 銀行 account and card (still waiting for the confirmation letter because wouldn’t accept a bill in my name (ironically from rakuten mobile!). I just want to know how to start applying for the tsumitate account and make it as simple as possible.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

KCLenny wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:02 am When applying for the rakuten NISA (specifically the Tsumitate), the site says “those who have a rakuten securities account” and “those who don’t have rakuten securities account”, what does that mean? What’s a securities account? I applied a few weeks ago for the rakuten 銀行 account and card (still waiting for the confirmation letter because wouldn’t accept a bill in my name (ironically from rakuten mobile!). I just want to know how to start applying for the tsumitate account and make it as simple as possible.
That is asking whether you have an account with Rakuten Securities. The reason they are asking is because if you do you can skip most of the application as they already have your details.

Rakuten Bank has nothing to do with that.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am
KCLenny wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:02 am When applying for the rakuten NISA (specifically the Tsumitate), the site says “those who have a rakuten securities account” and “those who don’t have rakuten securities account”, what does that mean? What’s a securities account? I applied a few weeks ago for the rakuten 銀行 account and card (still waiting for the confirmation letter because wouldn’t accept a bill in my name (ironically from rakuten mobile!). I just want to know how to start applying for the tsumitate account and make it as simple as possible.
That is asking whether you have an account with Rakuten Securities. The reason they are asking is because if you do you can skip most of the application as they already have your details.

Rakuten Bank has nothing to do with that.
Ah I see. That makes sense. Thank you!