Simple Q&A - iDeCo

nickr
Regular

Re: Simple Q&A - iDeCo

Post by nickr »

beanhead wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:35 amYep, just wait a little bit longer. Rakuten will inform you when the account is ready. Then you log in and choose your funds to purchase.
Thanks beanhead!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

nickr wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 am 2. a postcard with a "Call Center password" and an "Internet password"
Don't do what I did, and throw the postcard away. You need the internet password to set up and link your iDeCo account to Rakuten. Once that is done, you just log into your account normally and click on the iDeCo tab to manage it.

If you lose or throw it away, you need to get JS&T to reissue it, which takes another few weeks :?
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
nickr
Regular

Post by nickr »

@RetireJapan Noted! I’ve put them in an envelope, labeled it “SUPER IMPORTANT” and put it in the… err… where did I put it?! :shock:
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

stump117 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:33 am
I'll try to open an account ASAP today then, already lost quite a bit of time! Is there a source that lists the funds available on the most popular platforms? So far only found comparison of the quantity of funds.
There is a ranking of the most popular funds and who offers them here:

https://www.dcnenkin.jp/cost/
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

beanhead wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 am
I'll try to open an account ASAP today then, already lost quite a bit of time! Is there a source that lists the funds available on the most popular platforms? So far only found comparison of the quantity of funds.

No mention of eMaxis All Country?
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
Moneymatters
Veteran

Post by Moneymatters »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:30 am
beanhead wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 am

No mention of eMaxis All Country?
That is a ranking based on cost.

It's only offered by one or two brokers and the cost of 0.11440% puts it above those mentioned.
"Desperately Seeking Severance”
JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

This website http://dc-center.jp/checker/ has my annual iDeCo tax savings as 82,800 yen, but this website https://www.wam.abic.co.jp/contents/C1 ... u/top.html has it as 41,600 yen. I assume the second lower one is correct, but does anyone know which one is more accurate?
pfdsa
Veteran

Post by pfdsa »

Hi everyone.

If I started contributing to my iDeCo in January of 2022, and then changed jobs at around June, would I need to submit any kind of papers to my new company, or change any settings on my iDeCo account?
To put it in another way, after applying to iDeCo and starting contributing to it, do I need to do anything if I change jobs?

Thanks to you guys finally started investing in my tsumitate NISA, and will probably top up next year's allowance in January/February. Therefore, will have leftover money to invest in the following months. As I still don't know if I will retire in here, I'm just playing around with this idea.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

pfdsa wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:47 am after applying to iDeCo and starting contributing to it, do I need to do anything if I change jobs?
Yes. Assuming you keep the same kind of pension, you need to submit two forms:

A change of employer form that lists your old and new employer, and re-confirms how much you want to invest every month. 加入者登録事業所変更届 (K-011). You need to ask your old HR department for their registration number if you don't already know it.
Another copy of the two-page "Employer registration form / Class 2 employee status confirmation" with the flow chart which confirms what your max investment limit is. 事業所登録申請書兼第2号加入者に係る事業主の証明書 (K-101A). Most of this form your new employer needs to fill out, but it's you that submits it to your broker (the same as the first time you opened the account).

Usually you need to request these paper forms from your broker.
pfdsa
Veteran

Post by pfdsa »

adamu wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:44 am
pfdsa wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:47 am after applying to iDeCo and starting contributing to it, do I need to do anything if I change jobs?
Yes. Assuming you keep the same kind of pension, you need to submit two forms:

A change of employer form that lists your old and new employer, and re-confirms how much you want to invest every month. 加入者登録事業所変更届 (K-011). You need to ask your old HR department for their registration number if you don't already know it.
Another copy of the two-page "Employer registration form / Class 2 employee status confirmation" with the flow chart which confirms what your max investment limit is. 事業所登録申請書兼第2号加入者に係る事業主の証明書 (K-101A). Most of this form your new employer needs to fill out, but it's you that submits it to your broker (the same as the first time you opened the account).

Usually you need to request these paper forms from your broker.
Thanks a lot for the answer! Very easy to understand.
Since I'm not sure yet, and will most likely change jobs in the near future, will probably invest the leftover money on a taxable account for now.