Simple Q&A - NISA

Moggy_the_cat

Re: Simple Q&A - NISA

Post by Moggy_the_cat »

Hi people.

I have a question about monthly bank transfers to my Monex NISA. Last year I tried setting up a monthly transfer but was denied because my name didn't match. So I changed my name at my bank last year and tried again today (after a few months).

So I was hit with an error (ご指定の銘柄は既に投信積立を申し込まれています。同一銘柄のお申込はお受けできません。(2803,-30)). So it basically says that I have already set something up for this fund (eMaxis Slim All country). I checked my NISA tab on Monex and everything is blank, no money has ever been transferred from my bank to Monex or NISA.

Does anyone know what to do?
The website's Japanese is way over my head right now. :shock:

Cheers!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

You might need to cancel the original bank transfer as it may still exist even though it isn't going through?

You can check if you go to the 投信・つみたて tab (third horizontal menu, in blue),

then the 投信つみたて申込み状態 on the right hand vertical menu

English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

Moggy_the_cat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:37 am
So I was hit with an error (ご指定の銘柄は既に投信積立を申し込まれています。同一銘柄のお申込はお受けできません。(2803,-30)). So it basically says that I have already set something up for this fund (eMaxis Slim All country). I checked my NISA tab on Monex and everything is blank, no money has ever been transferred from my bank to Monex or NISA.

Cheers!
Can you check the 投信積立 settings and see if there is something there? If so, cancel it and try and set up the new T-NISA one again.

The list of any regular payments will be in this tsumitate section below:

MY PAGE投資信託・投信つみたて投信つみたて投信つみたて 申込状況一覧
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Merican
Regular

Post by Merican »

Can you contribute to your spouse's NISA? Is there any rule that says contributions must come from earned income from the account holder? Forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere.
Zanuhesu

Post by Zanuhesu »

Merican wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 am Can you contribute to your spouse's NISA? Is there any rule that says contributions must come from earned income from the account holder? Forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere.
I don't think there's any problem there, but I do believe this money is construed as a gift for gift tax purposes, so I'd be careful when doing this with a non-tsumitate NISA. I'm doing this for my wife's Tsumitate though, so if I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me :)
Moggy_the_cat

Post by Moggy_the_cat »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:58 am You might need to cancel the original bank transfer as it may still exist even though it isn't going through?

You can check if you go to the 投信・つみたて tab (third horizontal menu, in blue),

then the 投信つみたて申込み状態 on the right hand vertical menu

Thank you! It was indeed there.
I canceled it and made a new one with a different amount and different day. Hope it works this time.

Thanks once again!
Moggy_the_cat

Post by Moggy_the_cat »

beanhead wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:05 am
Moggy_the_cat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:37 am

Cheers!
Can you check the 投信積立 settings and see if there is something there? If so, cancel it and try and set up the new T-NISA one again.

The list of any regular payments will be in this tsumitate section below:

MY PAGE投資信託・投信つみたて投信つみたて投信つみたて 申込状況一覧
Thanks for the help! Like I mentioned above to the admin, I canceled the old one and made a new one with modifications.
Once again I appreciate your help.
Cheers!
Merican
Regular

Post by Merican »

Zanuhesu wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 am
Merican wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 am Can you contribute to your spouse's NISA? Is there any rule that says contributions must come from earned income from the account holder? Forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere.
I don't think there's any problem there, but I do believe this money is construed as a gift for gift tax purposes, so I'd be careful when doing this with a non-tsumitate NISA. I'm doing this for my wife's Tsumitate though, so if I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me :)
Thank you Zanuhesu! It makes sense that it would be a gift tax (although I think gift tax is ridiculous between married couples, but that's a different issue). Can anyone else verify or point to any sources that confirm this? Would iDeCo also have no rules about contributing to spouse's accounts?
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Merican wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 am
Thank you Zanuhesu! It makes sense that it would be a gift tax (although I think gift tax is ridiculous between married couples, but that's a different issue). Can anyone else verify or point to any sources that confirm this? Would iDeCo also have no rules about contributing to spouse's accounts?
It should be fine as long as you're within the limit. SBI even recommends it
https://www.sbisec.co.jp/ETGate/WPLETmg ... ou_02.html
Merican
Regular

Post by Merican »

zeroshiki wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 am
Merican wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 am

It should be fine as long as you're within the limit. SBI even recommends it
https://www.sbisec.co.jp/ETGate/WPLETmg ... ou_02.html
Thank you very much zeroshiki!