Simple Q&A - NISA

beanhead
Sensei

Re: Simple Q&A - NISA

Post by beanhead »

Rowan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:46 am
And yeah, don't worry too much about why the investment looks how it does; it's a combination of laziness and ignorance :lol:
Good stuff. Well, you started in 2017 and have made some money, so your 'ignorance' has not hindered you too much ;)
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

beanhead wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:16 am
Rowan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:46 am
And yeah, don't worry too much about why the investment looks how it does; it's a combination of laziness and ignorance :lol:
Good stuff. Well, you started in 2017 and have made some money, so your 'ignorance' has not hindered you too much ;)
A vanguard balanced fund is not a bad play! It is just a conservative play.

You could have done far...far worse. Do not beat yourself up. This was a good default.
Rowan
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Post by Rowan »

Thank you both for the kind words!
Yeah, I kinda knew I should be investing but couldn't be bothered to learn about it all, so I just started buying Vanguard. Then somewhere along the line NISA came along, and again, I couldn't really be bothered learning about it all. I'm not really sure what happened with payments and everything because I wasn't paying attention.

This has all changed now: I have bought both the Retire Japan guides and am avidly reading the forums here. Thank you both for such a warm welcome! :)
JamesSan

Post by JamesSan »

Rowan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:34 pm Thank you both for the kind words!
Yeah, I kinda knew I should be investing but couldn't be bothered to learn about it all, so I just started buying Vanguard. Then somewhere along the line NISA came along, and again, I couldn't really be bothered learning about it all. I'm not really sure what happened with payments and everything because I wasn't paying attention.

This has all changed now: I have bought both the Retire Japan guides and am avidly reading the forums here. Thank you both for such a warm welcome! :)
Hello to all.
My name is Jamse. I am 26 years old and I work in a store that sells books. I am passionate about trading and I am currently training on Candlestick patterns. I am looking for these two books. Where can I find them?
Really take the time to understand life.
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

JamesSan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:28 pm Hello to all.
My name is Jamse. I am 26 years old and I work in a store that sells books. I am passionate about trading and I am currently training on Candlestick patterns. I am looking for these two books. Where can I find them?
They are digital products AFAIK, but they're not going to teach you about candlestick patterns or any sort of trading for that matter :-)

https://retirejapan.gumroad.com/

Unless you are planning to be a professional investor, focusing on long term investing and not trading is the best plan. The good news is at 26 you have the chance to take advantage of something precious that nobody can buy: time. https://bankeronfire.com/the-most-impor ... -investing
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

JamesSan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:28 pm
Rowan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:34 pm Thank you both for the kind words!

Hello to all.
Technical analysis (Reading stock charts in an attempt to predict future movement) is considered akin to reading tea leaves to attempt to predict next year's harvest.

I think your energies and talents are better spent in other endeavors.
nanaya
Regular

Post by nanaya »

does anyone have experience trying to link rakuten card to rakuten securities where the name doesn't match despite being same person, with same id card, and also already linked to same rakuten account for rakuten bank? (this is when setting money source/引落方法 when ordering tsumitate nisa)
ご登録のお名前とクレジットカードの名義が一致していないため登録ができません。ご登録のお名前と同一名義のクレジットカードで登録してください。
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

nanaya wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:41 am does anyone have experience trying to link rakuten card to rakuten securities where the name doesn't match despite being same person, with same id card, and also already linked to same rakuten account for rakuten bank? (this is when setting money source/引落方法 when ordering tsumitate nisa)
ご登録のお名前とクレジットカードの名義が一致していないため登録ができません。ご登録のお名前と同一名義のクレジットカードで登録してください。
Yes, I'm going to guess and say you have a middle name and you omitted it or used spaces when registering your Rakuten Card. The name on Rakuten Card must match the name on Rakuten Securities 100%. To fix this, you need to find out what your name is on Rakuten Card (most likely its LASTNAMEFIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME or LASTNAME FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME) and then call up Rakuten Securities and get them to correct your name on their backend system so it can be connected to Card.
JamesSan

Post by JamesSan »

adamu wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:39 pm
JamesSan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:28 pm Hello to all.
They are digital products AFAIK, but they're not going to teach you about candlestick patterns or any sort of trading for that matter :-)

https://retirejapan.gumroad.com/

Unless you are planning to be a professional investor, focusing on long term investing and not trading is the best plan. The good news is at 26 you have the chance to take advantage of something precious that nobody can buy: time. https://bankeronfire.com/the-most-impor ... -investing
Thanks for the tip, friend! I'll be aware of it soon... ;)
Bikkuri_Gaijin

Post by Bikkuri_Gaijin »

My wife and I live in the US now. She is a Japanese citizen, but a resident of the US.

We would like to retire in Japan, and we're interested in opening a tsumitate NISA. It looks like it's open to current Japan residents only, though.

It seems unlikely Rakuten would ask a lot of questions about residency if a Japanese citizen with a current mailing address showed up to open the account. Are there risks I'm missing here? Might opening a NISA raise flags with the pension system? Ward tax? We certainly don't want to do it if there is any prospect of it causing trouble or expense in the future.