Can someone explain how the 'bonus' portion of Tsumitate works?

bryanc
Veteran

Re: Can someone explain how the 'bonus' portion of Tsumitate works?

Post by bryanc »

thanks-how many times can you throw in the bonus?is it twice?
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

bryanc wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:53 am thanks-how many times can you throw in the bonus?is it twice?
Did you watch our poxed leaders video? -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Yyu7OJIec
Max
Regular

Post by Max »

Poxed?
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Max wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:34 pmPoxed?
He posted that he had shingles in late July.
7 Potatoes

Post by 7 Potatoes »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:18 am CC points limits are now 100,000 yen a month.

The amount of the bonus is going to be 1.2m yen minus the amount of your monthly payments. If you want to front load your tsumitate portion by paying in a lump sum at the beginning of the year, you need to set the monthly payments to the minimum (usually 100 yen a month).

Personally I find investing the same amount every month to be the easiest option (I use a Rakuten CC to get points but it is not generous enough to be a major deciding factor).
I apologize for my lack of knowledge here. My wife just opened up a Rakuten Bank and NISA. We put 100000 yen in her NISA today. I thought that is the max/month one can do but I think maybe I'm wrong? She has 3 more months to fill in the max amount of 1.2 m yen before year end. I'm confused how to do this? She has the money in her Rakuten bank account. Is there a bonus button where she can transfer the rest? You mentioned front loading which sounds good as stocks have dropped lately. Thanks for your forum and your time.
Kelly
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

7 Potatoes wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:16 am My wife just opened up a Rakuten Bank and NISA. We put 100000 yen in her NISA today. I thought that is the max/month one can do but I think maybe I'm wrong? She has 3 more months to fill in the max amount of 1.2 m yen before year end. I'm confused how to do this? She has the money in her Rakuten bank account.
You can use Money Bridge to have the money deducted from the bank account automatically.
I'm not sure about Rakuten, you may be able to set it to deduct 300k/mo for Tsumitate until the year end. If it doesn't allow you to do that, then yes, there is a bonus feature. So you can set up a 100k/mo payment with an 800k bonus, for example.

Here's Rakuten's guide for setting up Tsumitate:
https://www.rakuten-sec.co.jp/web/rfund ... itate.html
Note that at step 2 there is a section for specifying the bonus.

I'm guessing the 100k you already put in went into the Growth portion, not the Tsumitate portion. If it was Tsumitate, you can probably edit the order to add the bonus.