Changing rakuten credit card name.

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
ivanpgs
Regular

Re: Changing rakuten credit card name.

Post by ivanpgs »

KCLenny wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:39 pm
nickr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:34 pm My advice is to use your full name wherever possible. If you're using your full name on Rakuten Securities and Rakuten Bank, it's probably best to leave them that way.

As for the card, have you actually had a problem yet? I have two credit cards, Rakuten and AEON, and both are missing my middle name (due to space on the card). But I can use them without any issues. So long as Rakuten Card approves the bank account you try to connect it to, there shouldn't be a problem (in my opinion).

If you go to the Rakuten Card website and click on the option to change the bank account the card is associated with, you should see the bank information you provided, and the name associated with that bank account.

If you really want to change the name on the credit card itself, click on the link for your personal information and click the option to change your details. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see that it says you can change the name, but they need to remake the card. I'd guess that even if you go that route, your middle name won't fit on the card anyway.
I can’t use my card to pay for my Tsumitate NISA, which means I’m losing out on some extra points. Securities won’t let me use the card because the names for both are different (I.e. missing the middle name on my card).

If I go to the card site, my name isn’t on there at all with the other personal information. And when I click name change it always says error, can’t do that. But never says why.
Hey KCLenny,

I experienced a similar problem while trying to use my Rakuten card to be charged automatically my Tsumitate NISA monthly contributions and get some points.

I had to do a couple of calls and get a Rakuten Securities agent to change my kana stored in their system to remove an extra space separating my 2 surnames, so that both systems' stored kana would match when adding the card to Rakuten Securities system.

Code: Select all

My name in Romanji in both systems:
MOMO TARO IVAN

Rakuten Securities Kana:
モモ タロ イヴァン
Rakuten credit card Kana:
モモタロ イヴァン
I have a throughout explanation in the thread below, including phone numbers called and some of the questions that the agents will ask you through the process. Hope it can help!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=437&start=20

And good luck with it, do not give in!