How to just "set up and leave" with SBI?

Roger Van Zant
Veteran

How to just "set up and leave" with SBI?

Post by Roger Van Zant »

I have a つみたてNISA through SBI.

I set it up so that every month, on the 16th of the month, ¥10,000 will be invested in the eMAXIS Slim 全世界株式(オール・カントリー).

Do I have to manually send ¥10,000 each month to my SBI account from my Japanese bank account?
Is there a way I can set it up so that every month, before the 16th, ¥10,000 is automatically sent from my bank to my SBI account?
It's a pain to remember to do the transfer every month. I want to just set it up once and then forget about it.
My bank is a shitty, local 信用金庫, if that matters.

Thanks.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
sutebayashi
Veteran

Re: How to just "set up and leave" with SBI?

Post by sutebayashi »

Yes, it looks like SBI supports Direct Debit:

https://www.sbisec.co.jp/ETGate/WPLETmg ... debit.html
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

sutebayashi wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 am Yes, it looks like SBI supports Direct Debit:

https://www.sbisec.co.jp/ETGate/WPLETmg ... debit.html
Crazy how long it takes to hit my SBI account after being taken from my bank....two weeks!!
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
Yokohama
Regular

Post by Yokohama »

Ah yes, I remember that it takes a very long time on SBI using that service. I used to invest monthly on SBI automatically and it took about two weeks to appear. Now I invest monthly on Rakuten. I have configured a monthly transfer from my local bank to my Rakuten bank account. And I have Rakuten Securities configured to invest monthly, taking the money from my Rakuten bank account.

I think you can do the same on SBI, if you also have a linked SBI bank account.Setup a monthly transfer from your local bank account to your SBI bank account, and configure a monthly investment that will take the money from your SBI bank account.

Transfers may cost money, but nowadays you often have 7~10 free transfers a month, so the solution works for me without paying for the automated monthly transfer.
Yokohama
Regular

Post by Yokohama »

Nevermind my previous post. For SBI, this old thread seems to imply it would still require a manual step to transfer money from the SBI Bank account to the SBI Hybrid account. :(

From that same thread, it also looks like I should revisit my Rakuten setup, because it seems Rakuten can take the money directly from a bank account.
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

Yokohama wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:48 pm Nevermind my previous post. For SBI, this old thread seems to imply it would still require a manual step to transfer money from the SBI Bank account to the SBI Hybrid account. :(

From that same thread, it also looks like I should revisit my Rakuten setup, because it seems Rakuten can take the money directly from a bank account.
It can indeed, with Rakuten it was easy to set up direct deposit for つみたて。However, I missed the setting when I first set it up.

Direct, one-time deposits are also instantaneous and easy to do.

I am using ゆうちょ for the record. However, the Postbank seems unpopular with foreigners for some reason.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

Thanks for the replies.

I also have a Rakuten account which I thought about using for my つみたてNISA, but alas, they don't offer the eMaxis Slim All Country fund, which is the one I want to invest in.

Oh well, monthly manual transfer it is then. I'll have to set a reminder in my iPhone each month....
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 pm Thanks for the replies.

I also have a Rakuten account which I thought about using for my つみたてNISA, but alas, they don't offer the eMaxis Slim All Country fund, which is the one I want to invest in.

Oh well, monthly manual transfer it is then. I'll have to set a reminder in my iPhone each month....
They do offer this fund.

I am currently invested in it through my Tsumitate Nisa at Rakuten.

You may have confused previous discussions about iDeco. Only Monex offers Emaxis slim all country in their iDeco.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

Kanto wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:34 am
Roger Van Zant wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 pm Thanks for the replies.

They do offer this fund.

I am currently invested in it through my Tsumitate Nisa at Rakuten.

You may have confused previous discussions about iDeco. Only Monex offers Emaxis slim all country in their iDeco.
You're right, my mistake.
Shit, I've already gone and opened by つみたてNISA with SBI now, even though I have a Rakuten account all ready to use...! Doh!
It would have been so much easier to just get the つみたてNISA through Rakuten, especially seeing as how I have a bank account with them as well.
I doubt I can close my つみたてNISA with SBI and open a new one with Rakuten....
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

Kanto wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:34 am Only Monex offers Emaxis slim all country in their iDeco.
Monex and Matsui: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1084