LOW retirement income-how about insurance/taxes?

Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Re: LOW retirement income-how about insurance/taxes?

Post by Roger Van Zant »

You can also increase the amount by going to the Local Pension Office now to apply to pay Voluntary Additional Pension Plan Fuka Nenkin Contributions to increase your monthly payout. Currently Y400 per month.
@Tkydon

Can anyone pay this extra 400 yen per month?
I am a company employee(正社員)and pay into 厚生年金, in addition to my company's DB scheme (10,000 yen per month) and my own iDeCo (12,000 yen per month).

For the price of just a couple of beers per month, I am curious about this Fuka Nenkin....
By how much extra would it increase my pension in the future (I am currently almost 46); been paying into the Japanese pension since 2005 with, perhaps, 18 months "missing" (stupid eikaiwa messed up years ago when I was still wet behind the ears about all of this stuff).

Thank you.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:35 am
You can also increase the amount by going to the Local Pension Office now to apply to pay Voluntary Additional Pension Plan Fuka Nenkin Contributions to increase your monthly payout. Currently Y400 per month.
@Tkydon

I am a company employee(正社員)and pay into 厚生年金, in addition to my company's DB scheme (10,000 yen per month) and my own iDeCo (12,000 yen per month).

For the price of just a couple of beers per month, I am curious about this Fuka Nenkin....
By how much extra would it increase my pension in the future (I am currently almost 46); been paying into the Japanese pension since 2005 with, perhaps, 18 months "missing" (stupid eikaiwa messed up years ago when I was still wet behind the ears about all of this stuff).

Thank you.
As a sole proprietor, if you are doing your full IDECO and small business pension you can't contribute to the fuka nenkin, unless you decrease your contributions on either pension by 400 yen, then you will be able to contribute. (I am sorry that does not answer your question as company employee.)
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

Roger Van Zant wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:35 am
@Tkydon

Thank you.
Not Don, but no you cannot pay into this if you pay kosei nenkin.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Just for kokumin nenkin payers, to help them increase their tiny pensions a little.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)