Rakuten Bank advice

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
Utachiyo
Regular

Rakuten Bank advice

Post by Utachiyo »

I'm in the process of opening Rakuten Bank accounts for both myself and my daughter, for our savings. The interest rates (while still not great) seem better than the usual brick and mortar banks. I also have a Rakuten Securities account, which means I can link up the accounts and get a better interest rate. BUT, I just want to check with everyone here to make sure there's no fine print I'm missing. For example, if I link up my bank account and securities account, are there any requirements beyond that (making a certain amount of securities transactions or something)? I'll probably stick my daugher's money into a teiki yokin account. There seem to be a few choices with that, but I don't really understand them. Any ideas?
I dont have a native Japanese speaker/reader around, so I always feel a bit nervous that I'm going to miss something important. :(
OkiBum
Veteran

Re: Rakuten Bank advice

Post by OkiBum »

Not that I am aware of...

You can have a Rakuten Bank account and a Securities account and make 0 transactions. Or even choose to fund your Securities account through other banks such as JP post etc.
N00bster
Veteran

Post by N00bster »

Exactly. Linking your accounts just makes it easy to move money around. No other strings attached.
Utachiyo
Regular

Post by Utachiyo »

Thank you!! Now, I just have to wait for all the account paperwork to go through.... Gives new meaning to the term "snail mail"!