Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

nanaya
Regular

Re: Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

Post by nanaya »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:13 pm If you do intend to use the Tsumitate Nisa floor, bonus setting, would you please document it? Those settings tend to be cumbersome and confusing.
Not the quoted person but it looks like this. Basically you set the minimum tsumitate amount (100yen in this screenshot) and use bonus settings to dump the rest. Note that it only works with securities account (証券口座) payment option, not rcash or rcard.

Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 am
sutebayashi wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:00 am
Bubblegun wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:34 am Boy! Is it just me…. But do the Japanese really know how to make things more complicated than it should be?
Probably just me!
No, I think you may be on to something there…
My theory is that Japan’s culture of committees and compromises to accommodate most all opinions overrides any attempts at keeping things simple.

It’s a separate topic, but on WBS this week they were covering government tax panel discussions about increasing the amount of some 交際費 deduction from 5,000 yen to 20,000 yen. To me there is no sense to the preponderance of carveouts in the tax system… and I never get to use this 交際費 deduction myself so that means those like me are the ones who pay for the carveout enjoyed by whoever does use this deduction. I see NISA, iDeCo, etc etc, in a similar vein… but at least I can benefit from them.
I would be very careful about painting this tendency as something special or unique to Japan, it exists in other cultures.

Notably the Dutch: https://crossculture2go.com/meetings-i ... therlands/
Oh, don't worry we know it's not special to Japan. We're just referencing how complicated it is here. :lol: Cause we're dealing with it. :D

This has prompted my wife to set up her NISA for the first time. So, i have no idea when her set up/start date will be.
But atleast she is on board now.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
eyeswideshut
Veteran

Post by eyeswideshut »

It’s a separate topic, but on WBS this week they were covering government tax panel discussions about increasing the amount of some 交際費 deduction from 5,000 yen to 20,000 yen. To me there is no sense to the preponderance of carveouts in the tax system… and I never get to use this 交際費 deduction myself so that means those like me are the ones who pay for the carveout enjoyed by whoever does use this deduction. I see NISA, iDeCo, etc etc, in a similar vein… but at least I can benefit from them.
This has always bothered me. There are very few and meagre tax deductions for normal working people but as soon as you own a business then it becomes a cornucopia of tax writeoffs for meals, travel, expensive cars and a whole lot of other things which are arguably not even legitimate business expenses.
Tolmekian

Post by Tolmekian »

I'm a little confused. If I wanted to max the 1.2M in the Tsumitate portion (NISAつみたて投資枠), can I manually make a purchase for an eligible fund on Jan 1st? Or, do I explicitly need to setup an automatic monthly purchase to make any investments in the Tsumitate portion?

If an automatic monthly purchase is required, I assume nanaya's post is the quickest way to fill it, by using 12x monthly payments of just 100 yen with a bonus in Jan of 1,198,800 yen?
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

Tolmekian wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:24 pm I'm a little confused. If I wanted to max the 1.2M in the Tsumitate portion (NISAつみたて投資枠), can I manually make a purchase for an eligible fund on Jan 1st? Or, do I explicitly need to setup an automatic monthly purchase to make any investments in the Tsumitate portion?

If an automatic monthly purchase is required, I assume nanaya's post is the quickest way to fill it, by using 12x monthly payments of just 100 yen with a bonus in Jan of 1,198,800 yen?
1)Tsumitate = automatic monthly purchase. So no, no spot purchases allowed.
(you can make spot purchases for the other 2.4M in January, of course, if you have the money available)

2) Yes, to fill that tranche the fastest, nanaya's method is the way to do it.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
SOT
Regular

Post by SOT »

This is a kind of follow on question.

Currently, I don't have a Rakuten credit card, but I do have the Rakuten Cash app. I was thinking of setting up tsumitate NISA and paying for it with Rakuten Cash that is charged with (actual) cash, but it appears that in that situation no points will be awarded.

From the website: 楽天カードからチャージで0.5%ポイント還元

Has anyone had any experience of this before?
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

SOT wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:31 am This is a kind of follow on question.

Currently, I don't have a Rakuten credit card, but I do have the Rakuten Cash app. I was thinking of setting up tsumitate NISA and paying for it with Rakuten Cash that is charged with (actual) cash, but it appears that in that situation no points will be awarded.

From the website: 楽天カードからチャージで0.5%ポイント還元

Has anyone had any experience of this before?
The points are coming from the card use, no card no points. They want you to spend more on your credit card, there is less benefit to them for non-credit use of the app.
SOT
Regular

Post by SOT »

Cheers for the confirmation. I am planning on getting a credit card, just having the usual name fun and games!
O.S

Post by O.S »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:29 am Just did Rakuten for my wife: up to 50,000 on CC, the rest from broker account.

Hopefully they'll enable PC interface soon :lol:
you did it on Rakuten credit card or other credit card?
And, did you make a video on how to set it?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

O.S wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:05 am
RetireJapan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:29 am Just did Rakuten for my wife: up to 50,000 on CC, the rest from broker account.

Hopefully they'll enable PC interface soon :lol:
you did it on Rakuten credit card or other credit card?
And, did you make a video on how to set it?
You can only use Rakuten CC! Thanks for the reminder about the video :lol:
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)