Interactive Brokers forced transition to IBSJ / good alternative?

kanpanela
Regular

Re: Interactive Brokers forced transition to IBSJ / good alternative?

Post by kanpanela »

northSaver wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:34 pm
kanpanela wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:13 pm How can I recognzie what IB I am a member of? The website just says Interactive Brokers...
Does IBSJ handle taxes for you in Japan? If so I may wish to move (assuming I don't have stocks they don't offer)
Do you get a monthly activity statement? I do, and at the top it says "Interactive Brokers LLC, Two Pickwick Plaza, Greenwich, CT 06830". There is also a statement further down for a sub-account (not sure how I got it, but it's my main account number with an "F" after it) which has the address "Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited, 20 Fenchurch Street, Floor 12, London EC3M 3BY, UK". I'm sure that if you're in IBSJ then you'll have the Japanese address on your statement.

No, IBSJ don't handle your tax for you.

I've not had a migration email yet. I'm assuming it's taking longer than they planned to move everyone over.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I get something similar but not identical.
Interactive Brokers LLC, member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC
Perhaps it's just a matter of time? Could it be that forced migration is only for US
residents?

How is the interest rate over at IBSJ? Is it like IBKR where you get over 4% for USD
above 10K? I tried searching for it by opening the IBKR interest comparison
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/a ... -rates.php and
changing the en and the com to .co.jp but could not find the equivalent page on IBSJ's
side.