Selling 単元未満株 odd-lot shares out of hours

ToushiTime
Veteran

Re: Selling 単元未満株 odd-lot shares out of hours

Post by ToushiTime »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:00 pm
ToushiTime wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:37 am
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:45 am SBI has a system that operates outside of market hours.
So in the case of minimum trading units, not oddlots, the stock in question is traded over the weekend in SBI's dark pools and other dark pools?

Based on the link I posted above, SBI has two price-setting points per day for oddlots: one at 9am and one at 12:30pm.

Given the three-day holiday, is there more of a risk of the share price opening sharply down on Monday at 9am than of it falling 1 second after 12:30pm after just one hour's lunch break, as there has been less time for invisible off-exchange trading?

Of course, anything can happen in one hour, but that's a lot shorter than 72 hours, so I am tempted to just go for the afternoon opening price.

It's not a major issue for me. I am just curious how these systems work.
https://www.sbisec.co.jp/ETGate/WPLETmg ... 70623.html

I've never used it. It seems interesting though.
Interesting. I'm not sure if that applies to oddlot trading though as I don't see anything in there about oddlots.
The only relevant thing I could find about oddlot trading times on SBI was this, which doesn't mention evening trading through the PTS.
https://search.sbisec.co.jp/v2/popwin/a ... ck_07.html
Last edited by ToushiTime on Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ToushiTime
Veteran

Re: Selling 単元未満株 odd-lot shares out of hours

Post by ToushiTime »

Deep Blue wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:21 am Dark pools don’t operate over the weekend.
It’s impossible to predict whether you will receive a better price at the morning open or the afternoon open.
OK thanks for confirming that.
I am not aiming for a better price. I was just wondering if there might be less volatility, i.e. the gap between the closing price before the weekend and the opening price after the weekend tends to be wider than the gap between the prices at the start and end of a one-hour lunch break. Surely, the more time, the more potential for events that could affect the price formation when the markets open first thing Monday?