Simple Q&A - NISA

Tkydon
Sensei

Re: Simple Q&A - NISA

Post by Tkydon »

styxomaniac wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:08 pm Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me because I've been checking almost everyday and I do not see any movement on my NISA account.

I opened my Tsumitate NISA from SBI in November and then got approved in December. Registered my credit card and picked eMaxis Slim US Equity S&P500 and Global Equity all country at 51% and 48% ratio respectively with a total of ¥33,333 monthly investment. On my credit card statement, I saw a purchase from SBI for that amount on 12/13 but until now I do not see anything on my T-NISA account. Should I be expecting some kind of a dashboard with how much money I've put in etc or do i have to wait until January to see some kind of movement. I am including a screenshot of my SBI page, hoping someone can tell me if i am doing something wrong.

Thank you and Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday!

Regards,
Styx
You have to be patient. They take you money, and then some time later place the orders for the units, which for International Units take a further 5 business days to clear, before appearing in your account.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

I am hoping someone can help me because I've been checking almost everyday and I do not see any movement on my NISA account.

I opened my Tsumitate NISA from SBI in November and then got approved in December. Registered my credit card and picked eMaxis Slim US Equity S&P500 and Global Equity all country at 51% and 48% ratio respectively with a total of ¥33,333 monthly investment. On my credit card statement, I saw a purchase from SBI for that amount on 12/13 but until now I do not see anything on my T-NISA account. Should I be expecting some kind of a dashboard with how much money I've put in etc or do i have to wait until January to see some kind of movement. I am including a screenshot of my SBI page, hoping someone can tell me if i am doing something wrong.

Regards,
Styx
Credit card purchases are the best deal (free points) but also the slowest. Check the progress.
sbi 1.jpg
sbi 2.jpg
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

Tkydon wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:40 am

Regards,
Styx
You have to be patient. They take you money, and then some time later place the orders for the units, which for International Units take a further 5 business days to clear, before appearing in your account.
Thanks Tkydon.
Since I am only relying on Google Translate for this, I am just worried that I did something wrong but you are right, I just need to be patient and wait until I start seeing movement on my SBI page.
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

TokyoBoglehead wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:57 am

Regards,
Styx
Credit card purchases are the best deal (free points) but also the slowest. Check the progress.

sbi 1.jpg
sbi 2.jpg
Thank you for taking the time in annotating your screenshot, I really appreciate it. I do have a question though as I see that you are also using SBI, for T-Nisa, is there a page where I can see a summary of all my T-Nisa investments, deposits etc. More like a visual summary of how good or bad I am doing?

Follow-up question, on your screen shot what does 設定締切日(Set deadline), 発注日(order date), mean and why does the 引落日 (Withdrawal date) have 2 dates when you only invest monthly to your T-NISA.
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

styxomaniac wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:29 am

Regards,
Styx

sbi 1.jpg
sbi 2.jpg
Thank you for taking the time in annotating your screenshot, I really appreciate it. I do have a question though as I see that you are also using SBI, for T-Nisa, is there a page where I can see a summary of all my T-Nisa investments, deposits etc. More like a visual summary of how good or bad I am doing?

Follow-up question, on your screen shot what does 設定締切日(Set deadline), 発注日(order date), mean and why does the 引落日 (Withdrawal date) have 2 dates when you only invest monthly to your T-NISA.

Mine is just a Tsumitate (Not NISA), my Nisa is with Rakuten.

However, does this help? -> https://faq.sbisec.co.jp/answer/60eb974 ... 0019016a66
zak

Post by zak »

I just finished setting NISA with Monex. I want to make use of this year's allowance and lump sum purchase emax slim all countries. It says purchase will complete in January. Will it use this year's allowance or next year's?
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

TokyoBoglehead wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:27 pm
styxomaniac wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:29 am

sbi 1.jpg
sbi 2.jpg

Mine is just a Tsumitate (Not NISA), my Nisa is with Rakuten.

However, does this help? -> https://faq.sbisec.co.jp/answer/60eb974 ... 0019016a66
Oh, I have Tsumitate Nisa too but with SBI.
Thanks for sharing the link, this is indeed helpful!
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

zak wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:12 pm I just finished setting NISA with Monex. I want to make use of this year's allowance and lump sum purchase emax slim all countries. It says purchase will complete in January. Will it use this year's allowance or next year's?
2023s.
MBK
Regular

Post by MBK »

A small question in regards to NISA yearly allowance.

It`s my first year of NISA, so I wanted to check whether I will be able to use the yearly allowance of 1,200,000 JPY immediately from 1st January? Or does it take some time for the allowance to "reset"?
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

MBK wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:27 am A small question in regards to NISA yearly allowance.

It`s my first year of NISA, so I wanted to check whether I will be able to use the yearly allowance of 1,200,000 JPY immediately from 1st January? Or does it take some time for the allowance to "reset"?
Yes, in theory. Bear in mind that markets will be closed on Jan 1st, though.
Mutual funds (eMaxis Slim etc) take a few days to process orders so if you are buying funds it may be Jan 5th or 6th or something before you can actually buy the funds.
A few days does not make much difference, of course, most of the time.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.