Investing Books

MBK
Regular

Investing Books

Post by MBK »

I`m looking for some suggestions on reading material on investing and stock market.

Retire Japan website certainly has a good list to start with at https://www.retirejapan.com/resources/books-english/, though is there anything you would add?

Also, I want to read more into daily stock trading. What books would you suggest on this topic?
Tony
Veteran

Re: Investing Books

Post by Tony »

mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

MBK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 am I`m looking for some suggestions on reading material on investing and [snip] daily stock trading.
Those two topics are the complete opposite of each other. This thread has a lot of recommendations on the former, while the latter is more the purview of fly-by-night shysters who will be more than happy to relieve you of your money.
MBK
Regular

Post by MBK »

mighty58 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 pm
MBK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 am I`m looking for some suggestions on reading material on investing and [snip] daily stock trading.
Those two topics are the complete opposite of each other. This thread has a lot of recommendations on the former, while the latter is more the purview of fly-by-night shysters who will be more than happy to relieve you of your money.
Feelings well known on that later part : D

Miswrote there, I reckon. I`m not looking for books on daily stock trading, but on stock trading generally. Most of the books which I have read and most of the ones listed in RetireJapan list would pretty much be summarized as "Index, index, INDEX!!!". And that`s fine, if so many credible sources agree on that strategy and it has clear results behind it. It`s actually what I`m doing myself too, though I have a lump sum available and want to look also in stock trading options and how could it figure out in my financial strategy.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

MBK wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:31 am
mighty58 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 pm
Feelings well known on that later part : D

Miswrote there, I reckon. I`m not looking for books on daily stock trading, but on stock trading generally. Most of the books which I have read and most of the ones listed in RetireJapan list would pretty much be summarized as "Index, index, INDEX!!!". And that`s fine, if so many credible sources agree on that strategy and it has clear results behind it. It`s actually what I`m doing myself too, though I have a lump sum available and want to look also in stock trading options and how could it figure out in my financial strategy.
So I guess if your NOT looking for book on daily stock trading , you're looking for something that can decipher all the bumf, that is giving out, to help you choose which companies to invest in?
For me day trading seems more like currency trading, and the few mates I've seen do it, kinda got burnt.
Especially 2008.
I don't know enough about buying and selling stocks, and I did it way, way, back when the internet took off years ago, pre 2000, buying blue chip UK conpanies, M&S BAE, RR. Today I only bought a couple and hold until I die, but I prefer to do the index.cuts down on my reading and paperwork.lol and stress.LOL

RetireJapan suggested these.
A Random Walk Down Wall Street
One Up on Wall Street
I Will Teach You To Be Rich
The Snowball

Maybe have a read about this very simple guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Re ... nthropist)
SIMPLE IS BEST I guess.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.