Investment advice for Tokutei account?

Mirei

Investment advice for Tokutei account?

Post by Mirei »

I'm quite late into the game, started in late 2021.

To avoid myself slacking with excuses I'm trying to commit to a resolution beginning 2022 to put aside as much as I could into my Tokutei account.
Although it appears tough on my paper as I don't really make a fortune every month in my current state, and not forget to mention a family and kid to provide, most of the times the funds would probably need to be supported by savings from my old life. I'm about 25 years from retirement if that helps.

So far I'm doing the mainstream "all into All Country funds", but of course no one knows the future and being a newcomer myself I'm even doubting myself if this portfolio is safe to continue as is.

iDeco : 90% MSCI Global, 10% Japan
Tsumitate NISA : 100% eMaxis All Country
Tokutei : 100% eMaxis All Country

I fully understand everything is up to my beliefs on the market, but may I kindly ask your opinion on this guys?
Would you think it's all good to continue 100% All Country for Tokutei, or any alternatives?
Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by Mirei on Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beanhead
Sensei

Re: Investment resolution advice for 2022 in Tokutei account?

Post by beanhead »

eMaxis All Country is a fine choice. Perhaps the most sensible single-fund option available to those in Japan.
You don't mention how long you have until retirement/needing to use the investments.
Depending on that answer, you may have to think about bonds or cash in your allocation as well. Perhaps this is covered by your 'previous life' savings you mentioned?
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Mirei

Re: Investment resolution advice for 2022 in Tokutei account?

Post by Mirei »

beanhead wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:30 pm eMaxis All Country is a fine choice. Perhaps the most sensible single-fund option available to those in Japan.
You don't mention how long you have until retirement/needing to use the investments.
Depending on that answer, you may have to think about bonds or cash in your allocation as well. Perhaps this is covered by your 'previous life' savings you mentioned?
I'm around 25 years from retirement. So far the funds that I set aside are purely for investment after trying to foresee whatever expenses needed for life short-term, so I don't really plan to take the funds out that soon.
Pardon my ignorance, may I kindly ask which kind of bonds are generally recommended?