Monex Tsumitate NISA, how to make manual purchases?

sugus
Regular

Monex Tsumitate NISA, how to make manual purchases?

Post by sugus »

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

I set up my Tsumitate NISA account with Monex a few months ago, and selected Emaxis Slim All Country, attempting to buy 33,000 yen each month.

I must have something wrong, as Monex has been taking the funds from my bank account but not buying anything.

Because we are towards the end of the year, I changed the schedule to 100 yen monthly, and a bigger bonus as I wanted to make sure to use up as much as possible following these instructions:

https://info.monex.co.jp/news/2021/20210219_01.html

Then, somehow Monex made my first 100 yen purchase towards Emaxis Slim All Country, but the remainder of the two first withdrawals from my bank account 66,000 - 100 yen remain untouched, please see below:
nisa.JPG
I have been unable to find any information on how to do this manual purchase, as I was pretty sure I set the automatic payments as well when I did it the first time, is it even possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

---------------------------- Edit / Update ---------------------------

Ichigo gave the correct answer:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1930&p=19889#p19881

Thank you!
Last edited by sugus on Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ichigo
Regular

Re: Monex Tsumitate NISA, how to make manual purchases?

Post by Ichigo »

Hello sugus,

Could you figure out the issue?
I'm having the same problem.
It happened when I changed the monthly contribution from 10,000¥ to 1000¥ about two month ago. In that month they withdrew the 10,000¥ from my bank account, 1000¥ went into my T-Nisa and the remaining 9000¥ are still untouched. Still figuring out what to do...

Ichigo
ExpatScot
Regular

Post by ExpatScot »

I did something similar when I set up my tsumitate NISA, and quickly figured out that I was just transferring money from my bank to my Monex account, but not allocating the money for monthly 'freshly picked' T-NISA payments, which also had to be set up.

In terms of Ichigo's issue, could it be that you changed the monthly NISA contributions from your Monex account, but didn't change the monthly deposits from your bank, which are still set at 10,000?
Ichigo
Regular

Post by Ichigo »

@ExpatScot
Thank you for your reply.
I am using Monex. When I changed my monthly contribution, I selected "freshly picked T-Nisa", same as I did when I started T-Nisa. Last month it worked though, they withdrew only 1000¥. Maybe it had something to do with timing? Probably it was already in progress when I changed it...But anyway, I don't know what to to with those 9000¥ :? (買付可能額 --> 9000¥ untouched + 1000¥ deposit for this month = 10,000¥)
Another thing that I don't understand is, why my remaining balance is still 389.000¥. So far I have contributed 21.000¥. :?: I'm so confused.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 16.31.37.png
sugus
Regular

Post by sugus »

I thought I just figured how to make manual purchases on Monex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5KYQB8Cj8A&t

However, I just tried making a purchase after adding more funds to Monex, hoping to add to Tsumitate NISA but I think it didn't work... See attached image. Not sure if it's even possible to do it without changing the NISA purchase schedule.

This page has some other very useful videos as well, but still can't seem to find a way to do a one-off purchase for Tsumitate NISA.

https://info.monex.co.jp/fund/beginner/movie.html
Attachments
capture.JPG
Ichigo
Regular

Post by Ichigo »

Same here. I just transferred money from my bank account to my General Securities account. Seems like there is no other way than setting up a bonus?
I set up a bonus for December, but it looks like it's gonna end up as my January payment....
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.13.51.png
I watched the video how to order...but it did not go into T-Nisa? It ended up in a taxable account (特定 /一般) ?
sugus
Regular

Post by sugus »

Ichigo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am Same here. I just transferred money from my bank account to my General Securities account. Seems like there is no other way than setting up a bonus?
I set up a bonus for December, but it looks like it's gonna end up as my January payment....
I watched the video how to order...but it did not go into T-Nisa? It ended up in a taxable account (特定 /一般) ?
I did exactly the same, ended up cancelling right after noticing it didn't go through the Tsumitate NISA...

It seems your bonus payment will be part of 2022... I am not very optimistic that it can be done :(
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

Ichigo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am Same here. I just transferred money from my bank account to my General Securities account. Seems like there is no other way than setting up a bonus?
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 12.13.51.png

Doesn`t it say that it has allocated your bonus for December? That`s how I read it. I think you're fine.

Anyone else?
Ichigo
Regular

Post by Ichigo »

@EmaxisSlim Cultist and @sugus:
I want you to give a short update. It worked! :)
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 16.51.41.png
After transferring money from my bank to my General Securities Account yesterday, I set up a bonus (230,000 ¥) and changed the order date to the 2nd (today). And this morning my remaining Nisa Balance has decreased. I'll try one more time, because I still have some ¥ left. :D
sugus
Regular

Post by sugus »

Ichigo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:04 am @EmaxisSlim Cultist and @sugus:
I want you to give a short update. It worked! :)
After transferring money from my bank to my General Securities Account yesterday, I set up a bonus (230,000 ¥) and changed the order date to the 2nd (today). And this morning my remaining Nisa Balance has decreased. I'll try one more time, because I still have some ¥ left. :D
That's great news, thank you for sharing!

How did you get to the page to set up your bonus payment if I may ask?