Mynaportal (My Number)

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: Mynaportal (My Number)

Post by zeroshiki »

For all the flack Japan gets for its IT being in the dark ages, the government is surprisingly on the ball for alot of things tech-wise. Getting your MyNumber notice reissued is easy and then applying for the card online is a breeze (except for the photo, that requirement is quite a hassle). Apply online, wait for the postcard from city hall saying your card is ready then receive it, install the app on your phone and you're good to go.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:13 am For all the flack Japan gets for its IT being in the dark ages, the government is surprisingly on the ball for alot of things tech-wise. Getting your MyNumber notice reissued is easy and then applying for the card online is a breeze (except for the photo, that requirement is quite a hassle). Apply online, wait for the postcard from city hall saying your card is ready then receive it, install the app on your phone and you're good to go.
Except when the app doesn't work on your phone. I just got a new phone today though (Xiaomi to replace a Huawei) so hopefully I fill finally be allowed access to the happy (point) hunting grounds...
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:13 am For all the flack Japan gets for its IT being in the dark ages, the government is surprisingly on the ball for alot of things tech-wise. Getting your MyNumber notice reissued is easy and then applying for the card online is a breeze (except for the photo, that requirement is quite a hassle). Apply online, wait for the postcard from city hall saying your card is ready then receive it, install the app on your phone and you're good to go.
I got a dirty look from the clerk when I forgot to write my address on the back of the postcard that had been... posted to my address... :roll:

It's a bit of both. The whole digital certificate system and Myna Portal is quite impressive. But the eTax system is in dire need of an upgrade. You can log in to Myna portal on a PC via QR code and scan the card on your phone, but not for eTax, you need a card reader attached to the PC (or do the whole thing on your phone). It has a bug where it doesn't load unless your system locale is Japanese, it only works in Safari on mac (no idea about PC), and then only on the previous version which is no longer available for download (although I guess they will fix that by next tax season), it's full of weird stuff like 事前準備, browser plug-ins, installing ssl certificates???? But I imagine there are so many edge-cases in the tax system that re-implementing that is not a task anyone wants to agree to easily :D
Last edited by adamu on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

I cannot get the darn minor points to work. The app on Android, seemed to say it was connected to edy...no go.

Can anyone provide a simplified method of linkage? Is perhaps suica easier?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Okay new phone works and it was relatively easy to set up. Seems that having NFC is the hurdle.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 am I cannot get the darn minor points to work. The app on Android, seemed to say it was connected to edy...no go.

You can only link it once AFAIK. You have to do it from your points vendor (Edy, Rakuten Pay, Paypay, etc) and then they'll connect to the MyNa App and tell you you'll get your points in a few months.
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:47 am
EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 am I cannot get the darn minor points to work. The app on Android, seemed to say it was connected to edy...no go.

You can only link it once AFAIK. You have to do it from your points vendor (Edy, Rakuten Pay, Paypay, etc) and then they'll connect to the MyNa App and tell you you'll get your points in a few months.
Oh, It looks like I did it successfully actually? Added it to my CC not to edy...

No word on those points though....
cc.png
Last edited by EmaxisSlim Cultist on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 am

Oh, It looks like I did it successfully actually? Added it to my CC not to edy...

cc.png
There's actually a weird thing they did because they wanted to pretend its real points so you only get the MynaPoints if you used your CC for 20,000. I assume you did but just checking. Mine came in maybe 2-3 months after I registered it? It was quite a long time.
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:25 am

cc.png
There's actually a weird thing they did because they wanted to pretend its real points so you only get the MynaPoints if you used your CC for 20,000. I assume you did but just checking. Mine came in maybe 2-3 months after I registered it? It was quite a long time.
It is such a strange system indeed...It is very hard to confirm you actually received the points.

I can see the application has been confirmed in the Rakuten CC app and Rakuten Points app.

Any other way to confirm I have received minor points? (I am obsessing now...I know).

unnamed (2).png
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:05 am
zeroshiki wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:25 am

cc.png
It is such a strange system indeed...It is very hard to confirm you actually received the points.

I can see the application has been confirmed in the Rakuten CC app and Rakuten Points app.

Any other way to confirm I have received minor points? (I am obsessing now...I know).

unnamed (2).png
I looked it up and I got an email from Rakuten with this title: マイナポイント事業におけるポイント付与のお知らせ【楽天カード株式会社】

I applied in June and got it end of September.