SBI Name issues

crew
Regular

SBI Name issues

Post by crew »

I never really paid attention to how my name in my SBI account appeared, until today when I could not make my initial transfer from my SBI bank to SBI (Though I have been using it for years using a different bank account). Reason was my name is different. I checked my profile and my name is all messed up. Part of my family name is in the First Name box etc. It does not all fit because it is too long. Same with the furigana part.

I can't recall since its been so long but I think some person in SBI just put in the shortened version so I can get my account running but now its biting me in the ass because two SBI companies, after getting al my personal info and documentation can't believe that I am the same person.

I can go and change my name in SBI securities, but again it does not fit and won't match the Bank that allows you to enter your whole name. Did anyone with a long name figure how to fix this?
Last edited by crew on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
runmanTX
Regular

Re: SBI Name issues

Post by runmanTX »

I just started this application process last night. Filled out the online part and am waiting for SBI to send the documents. Their email said it would be a week. I am hoping to not have any name nightmares. Even the simple online application was finicky with katakana / hiragana. Also half digits with numbers and such. Why are things so hard? I didn't even input my middle name as I figured it would be a problem. So now the fun begins.

Sorry to not have much of an answer for you. Hopefully we won't have too many headaches with this process.
crew
Regular

Re: SBI Name issues

Post by crew »

Hmm I am trying to recall what I did years ago when I applied for the account. Your post reminds me that maybe I did fill in a hard copy since the webform won't accept my name. And when they inputted my form in their database is perhaps where the weird name came up. Now they won't fix it for me and just say fill it up until it allows you. But that isn't good enough to communicate with banks!

Good luck in your application. I was very happy with SBI since I just traded etc. but dealing with these issues is a headache and they have not been helpful.

Also, finding a way for the form to automatically change your input to whatever the fuck they want, be it half-width, full width, katakana, hiragana, furigana, katana, wasabi, wingdings is an invention that is as elusive as the cure for cancer.