Tax Accountant

graben

Tax Accountant

Post by graben »

Are there any tax accountants able to do taxes for both Japan and the U.S. that anyone can recommend?
Ax6isB
Veteran

Re: Tax Accountant

Post by Ax6isB »

graben wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 pm Are there any tax accountants able to do taxes for both Japan and the U.S. that anyone can recommend?
I don’t know a single person but I’m starting to work with a new company this year that deals people like me, Americans living in Japan. They also have partners in Japan that do Japanese returns. So I guess it might be a one stop shop but I can’t vouch for them yet as this will be my first run. I’m optimistic yet cautious. They did my dad’s US tax returns for 20 years but he’s US based. Let me know if you want their info.
graben

Post by graben »

yes please pass on the info.
kanpanela
Regular

Post by kanpanela »

Ax6isB wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 am
graben wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 pm Are there any tax accountants able to do taxes for both Japan and the U.S. that anyone can recommend?
I don’t know a single person but I’m starting to work with a new company this year that deals people like me, Americans living in Japan. They also have partners in Japan that do Japanese returns. So I guess it might be a one stop shop but I can’t vouch for them yet as this will be my first run. I’m optimistic yet cautious. They did my dad’s US tax returns for 20 years but he’s US based. Let me know if you want their info.
I am not from the US but would be glad to have their info as well, If it's OK!
Ax6isB
Veteran

Post by Ax6isB »

kanpanela wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:49 pm
Ax6isB wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 am
I am not from the US but would be glad to have their info as well, If it's OK!
I couldn’t recall the guidelines regarding posting info like this so I have private messaged you both with the contact information as well as their organizations website.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Ax6isB wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 am I couldn’t recall the guidelines regarding posting info like this so I have private messaged you both with the contact information as well as their organizations website.
Guidelines are: don't promote things you have a financial interest in or fish for customers on the site. Posting third party services is fine.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Ax6isB
Veteran

Post by Ax6isB »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 am
Ax6isB wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 am I couldn’t recall the guidelines regarding posting info like this so I have private messaged you both with the contact information as well as their organizations website.
Guidelines are: don't promote things you have a financial interest in or fish for customers on the site. Posting third party services is fine.
Thanks for clarifying. No financial interest in them but I hope they can help organize my financial wellbeing.

I’m giving this group a whirl this year.
Hutchinson and Bloodgood LLP
7676 Hazard Center Drive, Suite 1150, San Diego, CA 92108
Direct (619) 849-6547 Main (619) 849-6500 Cell (858) 354-6332
www.hbllp.com

My contact is Leah LeLoup.

It’s been a long and winding slog to find consistent help so hopefully this group can come through. I will report back on my experience.
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

Mori Tax and Consulting may be able to help. Mori-san speaks English and does have a number of American clients.
Send her an email and she will let you know if she is qualified or not to assist.

http://tcffbiz.com/english.html
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
ichiokuen
Regular

Post by ichiokuen »

Hi Beanhead,

I tried contacting Mori-San but they replied that we need an introduction from someone. Can I just say "Beanhead from the Retire Japan Forum sent me"?

Thanks!
beanhead
Sensei

Post by beanhead »

ichiokuen wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:51 am Hi Beanhead,

I tried contacting Mori-San but they replied that we need an introduction from someone. Can I just say "Beanhead from the Retire Japan Forum sent me"?

Thanks!
:lol:
not sure if that will do it... I will PM you.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.