Foreign Assets Report (国外財産調書)

dcon
Regular

Foreign Assets Report (国外財産調書)

Post by dcon »

Is there a way to submit this via the etax system? I have submitted paper forms until now, but see some references to the etax system. However, I cannot seem to find any details about where in the system I would declare foreign assets - they are, after all, non-taxable assets at this point in time.

Thanks.
TBS

Re: Foreign Assets Report (国外財産調書)

Post by TBS »

No, I do not think it is possible. It is not in the list of 法定調書関係 documents that are accepted as electronic e-tax attachments ("image data") from this page. You either have to drop it off at the tax office or mail it in separately.
TokyoWart
Veteran

Post by TokyoWart »

TBS wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:03 am No, I do not think it is possible. It is not in the list of 法定調書関係 documents that are accepted as electronic e-tax attachments ("image data") from this page. You either have to drop it off at the tax office or mail it in separately.
I am not completely sure about how this works but my accountants submit it electronically. I get two reports from them on electronic submission, one for my taxes and then a second entitled

電子申告・申請等 完了報告書
申請・届出種: 国外財産調書(及び同合計表)

It actually goes to the same 税務署 but it's clearly a separate submission with a different time stamp.
TBS

Post by TBS »

TokyoWart wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:15 am I am not completely sure about how this works but my accountants submit it electronically. I get two reports from them on electronic submission, one for my taxes and then a second entitled

電子申告・申請等 完了報告書
申請・届出種: 国外財産調書(及び同合計表)

It actually goes to the same 税務署 but it's clearly a separate submission with a different time stamp.
Yes indeed, I did not read the e-tax websites carefully enough. It looks possible to submit the 国外財産調書 via a 申請・届出種 submission via e-Taxソフト or e-Taxソフト(WEB版). These are separate systems from the 確定申告書等作成コーナー. I did try to work them out once but quickly gave up!
dcon
Regular

Post by dcon »

Many thanks for the replies. I will take a quick look at those other systems, but suspect I will end up driving to the tax office. I can make it through 確定申告書等作成コーナー with lots of help from google translate (open in chrome since safari doesn't do translate).

Dan