Post by futureplanner »

Definitely gambling, also definitely better than pachinko

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:
MajesticSoup
Regular

Re: Gamestop Discussion

Post by MajesticSoup »

And I'm out.

Today got a bit too scary for me. Managed to get out unscathed. Oddly enough, it's the sudden big drop in BB a few days back that is leaving my portfolio injured.
eyeswideshut
Veteran

Post by eyeswideshut »

MajesticSoup wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 pm And I'm out.

Today got a bit too scary for me. Managed to get out unscathed. Oddly enough, it's the sudden big drop in BB a few days back that is leaving my portfolio injured.
I would like to say I have 💎💎✋🏽✋🏽 but the truth of the matter is I literally cannot stay awake until 11:30 to trade so my BB position just rides. Anyway, it seems to have recovered a bit and I am only down about 15% on the trade. May as well just wait it out and see where it goes.
kuma
Veteran

Post by kuma »

Intriguing situation. NY trading times (conveniently?) don't conflict with Japanese office times; imagine that some people elsewhere are at risk of losing jobs and marriages etc (as well as the financial risk) if glued to tickers when they're meant to be productive. Of course, 💎💎✋🏽✋🏽 can hold in their sleep!
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

I'm still in. Hoping for gains, but perfectly understand I may come out of this with a few broken bones. But damn the amount of stuff I've learned over the past week is insane. And that's something I can't lose no matter how low the stock goes haha. @MajesticSoup - what was your position when you closed out of curiosity?
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

Viralriver wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:33 am I'm still in. Hoping for gains, but perfectly understand I may come out of this with a few broken bones. But damn the amount of stuff I've learned over the past week is insane. And that's something I can't lose no matter how low the stock goes haha. @MajesticSoup - what was your position when you closed out of curiosity?
I had a stupidly high cost basis so that's why I sold off. Yeah, what I learned this past week is worth my entire investment into GME, and I'm even luckier I got out with only -1%.

I could have been up 400,000 yen had I just sold right at market open. Had no idea it would just be a continual downward slide the entire day.
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Viralriver wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:33 am I'm still in. Hoping for gains, but perfectly understand I may come out of this with a few broken bones. But damn the amount of stuff I've learned over the past week is insane. And that's something I can't lose no matter how low the stock goes haha.
+1
It has been fascinating, and it still is!
Reading up on ladder attacks now -in which hedge funds trade fake shares between themselves to trick the system into lowering the stock price. A few real stocks get sold by retail investors wanting out, and the hedge funds mop them up... Only thing is, the WSB folks are buying those dips! :lol:
Even if my 1 share goes to zero, it has been an education for sure... In it for the long haul! 🚀
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

I threw in quite a bit in the end. I missed the massive dips, but got most in the low 270s or so. Honestly the worst thing about this is the bad hours to try and keep an eye on it during market-hours haha. Also got into a bit of AMC back at around $10 so that's going nicely.

What baffles me however is everyone is like "diamond hands!!", but really everyone has to pull out at some point, and if that's not coordinated people will cry. But whenever I search, the only things I see are people saying to remove sale orders and let it go up and up :lol:
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Viralriver wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 am What baffles me however is everyone is like "diamond hands!!", but really everyone has to pull out at some point, and if that's not coordinated people will cry. But whenever I search, the only things I see are people saying to remove sale orders and let it go up and up :lol:
Yeah, there's no way I'm staying up all night to watch the market... For us here in Japan, it's a bit "shoganai"... I set a sale order for 100% gain and be done with it... As much as I'd love to go to the moon, I'd be quite content with the upper-exosphere! :lol:
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
adamu
Sensei

Post by adamu »

Hesitant to encourage this thread any more, but wanted to share this. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_kzVp5aX08