Re: Gamestop Discussion

Post by fools_gold »

American Airlines might be next in line. The pre-market price is already up 50%
seb
Regular

Post by seb »

eyeswideshut wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 am
I hope you are right. BB futures are down right now but I am going to hold for a while longer in the hope that the WSB crowd pile into the trade after GME. Anyway, it is just fun money so if I lose it all it makes no material difference to me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets ... u_need_it/

This is an example. You can search for "BB" or "Blackberry" within WSB and check the results that have "DD" as their flair (it means due diligence).

However, because of the craze and the bots, I would suggest to look for results over 1 week old to get more accurate info.

I don't go into much details because I feel GME will be a one time thing for me.
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

And that's that guys. Half of America and the UK have been blocked from being able to buy any of these stocks. (Referring to Robinhood and Trade212 and TD ameritrade)

With a huge population only having access to a sell button and no buy button, I think momentum will be completely halted.

I'm pretty scared. I've never felt so helpless against institutions before.
seb
Regular

Post by seb »

as far as I know, they only blocked leveraged trading or options trading. you can still buy shares.
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

Apologies for the very nOOb question, this is my first time using Rakuten for anything other than buying eMaxis Slim products in my NISA...

I get how to put in a sell order, like Viralriver mentioned earlier in this thread, but what if I'm ready to just jump ship because I'm tired and ready to jump off the party bus? Do I just check the Market button, instead of filling in the Sell Limit Order and that will sell at the nearest possible time/price?

Also, how much have I screwed up by buying GME in my General account rather than a Specific account?
I guess I now have to file my own tax report at the end of the year, is that right? Balls...
Quite the learning experience all this! :lol:
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

seb wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:37 pm as far as I know, they only blocked leveraged trading or options trading. you can still buy shares.
All the meme stocks have been delisted. You can sell, but you cannot buy. This is to "protect the users"

Citadel LLC is RH's market maker

guess who holds the most short positions in $GME $AMC $NOK $BB ?

Citadel Advisors LLC
mule96
Veteran

Post by mule96 »

@Bushiman
- Yes, 成行 sells at market rate when the order goes through.
- If I interpret your Screenshoty it says Tokutei (特定), but it is not clear if that includes taxation at source or not.
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

Bushiman wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:41 pm Apologies for the very nOOb question, this is my first time using Rakuten for anything other than buying eMaxis Slim products in my NISA...

I get how to put in a sell order, like Viralriver mentioned earlier in this thread, but what if I'm ready to just jump ship because I'm tired and ready to jump off the party bus? Do I just check the Market button, instead of filling in the Sell Limit Order and that will sell at the nearest possible time/price?

Also, how much have I screwed up by buying GME in my General account rather than a Specific account?
I guess I now have to file my own tax report at the end of the year, is that right? Balls...
Quite the learning experience all this! :lol:
Setting a market price will sell for the "current" market price. HOWEVER, it is an incredibly volatile stock and you could get a terrible fill.

If you want out immediately, do a market order.

If you want out today, but think the price will rise a bit set a limit order at that price.

However, when there is this much volatility limit orders and stop losses do not always work.
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

mule96 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:50 pm @Bushiman
- Yes, 成行 sells at market rate when the order goes through.
- If I interpret your Screenshoty it says Tokutei (特定), but it is not clear if that includes taxation at source or not.
Thanks mule96!
That screenshot was from Viralriver's post earlier...
The account I bought the shares in is 一般, which is a General account... :(

Thanks Kanto for the extra info' too!
I'll hold today... I want to see what happens! I'll probably hold up until I get tired FRI night, then sell before bed -I just wanted to confirm that I could sell and be out rather than set a sell limit and hope it all works out while I'm sleeping...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

In case it's useful to anyone, my market purchase orders took about 5 minutes to be executed on within Rakuten. In a way, it turned out to be pretty useful, most of my things were bought in a dip. Still annoying that it's such a long, uncontrollable amount of time though.

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea why my profit is positive in USD, but negative in JPY?

EDIT EDIT: Additional screenshot 3 minutes later so people can see how volatile this is haha
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 0.05.44.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 0.05.44.png (12.21 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 23.51.46.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 23.51.46.png (11.81 KiB) Viewed 1015 times